Silica Gel 5g under optimal conditions will absorb up to 40% of its own weight. Silica Gel packets provide an economic and effective way of protecting against moisture damage during transit and storage. The bags are filled with non-indicating beaded silica gel desiccant with capacities ranging from 1g to 50g.
Silica Gel can be used for protecting electronic equipment, cameras, tools, computers, musical instruments, preservation packaging and all humidity sensitive products.
Silica gel come packaged in Tyvek bags which are made from high density polyethylene fibers, making them extremely tear-resistant. In addition, Tyvek is lightweight, flexible, smooth, low-linting, and is resistant to water, chemical abrasion, and ageing. The Pro-Ex silica gel range is food grade.
Advantages of Silica Gel 5g
- Silica gel is non-toxic and non-flammable.
- Silica gel can adsorb up 40% of its weight in moisture.
- Silica gel, if stored correctly can have an almost indefinite shelf life.
- Silica gel can be regenerated and reused if required.
- Silica gel is non-corrosive.