Absorgel Shipping Container Desiccant 500g
ABSORGEL® Shipping Container Desiccant is a simple and safe product. It is ideal for cargo shipments where non-liquid collection is preferred. A unique hanging mechanism makes the ABSORGEL® Hanging a versatile and easy to install desiccant solution.
It is based on the proven ability of calcium chloride combined with gelling agents and starch to aggressively remove moisture from the air. The ABSORGEL® Shipping Container Desiccant will start to activate once removed from its sealed package. It can hang within the corrugated recess of the container side panel or be placed horizontally on top of the cargo.
Absorgel Shipping Container Desiccant is Suitable for:
– Fresh and canned food products, cased or boxed, trays
– Steel, machinery
– Furniture, paper, leather, timber products etc
What makes the Absorgel desiccant sustainable?
Desiccants are classified by the nature of the absorbing agent. Sustainable desiccants are made of desiccant agents obtained from natural resources, but this is not the only factor to consider. Our definition is:
- A desiccant with a high absorption capacity that allows the use of a lower quantity than alternatives while giving the same protection.
- A desiccant with optimized use of plastic or other packaging material. For example, a single-layer bag or pouch which reduces the amount of plastic required for its production.
- A desiccant which is made with recycled plastic or partly recycled plastic, with as much as possible being reusable or recyclable.
- A product supplied in an optimized outer packaging.
- A CO2-neutral desiccant.
- A product made by a company that respects human and labor rights and offers a great working environment to its employees.
- A product made by a company with the Environmental Management System ISO 14001 certification.
The Absortech process to achieve carbon-neutral container desiccants include:
- Re-engineer products to decrease the amount of material in order to lower the usage of resources
- Use materials with a low CO2 footprint e.g. re-cycled material
- Ensure operations have a low CO2 footprint
- Calculate the CO2 footprint of products from cradle to gate
- Offset remaining, unavoidable CO2 through a certified organization
20″ Dry Cargo 6 – 8
20″ Moist Cargo 8 – 16
40″ Dry Cargo 12 – 16
40″ Moist Cargo 16 – 32
Why use Absorgel?
– Quick and easy to install, remove and dispose
– Highly versatile with unique hanging mechanism
– Superior absorption rate
– Environmentally friendly, no toxic materials