Silica Gel adsorbs and traps water vapour to prevent rust, corrosion, mould, mildew, spoilage, fogging and condensation when used within closed spaces. Silica Gel adsorbs, rather than absorbs, so does not become wet, or swell in size as it works to trap damaging moisture.
Silica Gel under optimal conditions will adsorb up to 35% of its own weight. Silica Gel provides an economic and effective way of protecting against moisture damage during transit and storage.
Note: Only orange silica gel can be used with food products. Blue silica gel contains cobalt chloride, rendering it unsuitable for use with food products.
Your personal reminder!
Save yourself the headache of keeping track whilst having the confidence your silica gel is working for you.
Indicating Silica Gel tells you when it’s time for replacing. The silica gel changes colour – blue silica gel becomes pink whilst our orange range turns green. So set, forget and let it tell you!
- electronic equipment,
- musical instruments,
- preservation packaging
- all humidity sensitive products.
Advantages of Indicating Silica Gel
- The colour change lets you see at a glance when your silica gel is spent, allowing you to make full use of your silica gel.
- Silica gel is non-toxic and non-flammable.
- Silica gel can adsorb up 35% of its weight in moisture.
- Silica gel is odourless.
- Silica gel, if stored correctly can have an almost indefinite shelf life.
- Silica gel can be reactivated and reused if required.
- Silica gel is non-corrosive.
Re-activate your Silica Gel!
Get more from your Silica Gel. Re-activate Silica Gel by placing it in a fan forced oven for 4 hours at 212 C.