Pro-Ex offer a range of oxygen absorbers (scavengers) for protecting your products from damage due to oxidation.
The main function of oxygen absorbers (scavengers) is to remove oxygen and carbon dioxide in a closed container. An oxygen free environment can be reached within 24 hours at normal temperatures. We stock the iron-based Type A Oxygen Absorbers.
Click to Read More
- Protect against mould growth
- Prevent the growth of microbes
- Stop fat from oxidizing
- Maintain original taste, colour and consistency.
Our oxygen absorber range is food grade.
Oxygen Absorbers are used to remove oxygen from packages thereby maintaining the freshness of a product. If however moisture is the issue you face, you may need to consider the use of silica gel.
Main Ingredients (iron based)
Iron powder, active carbon powder, salt, diatomite granule and water.
Look No Further for Consistently Reliable Oxygen Absorbers
Protection Experts Australia offers an extensive range of oxygen absorbers to protect your products from damage as a result of oxidation. Our products are food-grade and iron-based, and can be ordered in packets ranging from 30cc through to 500cc. These sachets have a shelf-life of up to 18 months when they remain in their sealed packaging, provided you store them at room temperature before use.
How Does An Oxygen Absorber Work?
A chemical reaction takes place when you expose an oxygen absorber sachet to the environment. The iron powder in our sachets will rust when it reacts with any oxygen that may be present in the air.
- The chemical reaction that takes place is known as oxidation, and any oxygen present in the environment surrounding our oxygen scavengers effectively becomes trapped.
- In the simplest terms, when you use an oxygen absorber, it acts like a sponge, only this particular sponge absorbs oxygen rather than moisture. Once the process is complete, you will need to replace the absorbers with new ones to maintain an oxygen-free area.
- You should not confuse oxygen absorbers with desiccants, which are used to absorb moisture instead of oxygen.
Benefits of Oxygen Scavengers
Oxygen scavengers are used to prevent products from spoiling. There are however several other benefits that come from using oxygen absorbers.
- You can use them to retain the flavour in nuts, coffee beans, and other snacks, as well as maintain the original consistency, taste and colour of several different food items.
- They can be used in museums to help maintain a pest-free environment, and can rapidly reduce the level of oxygen in sealed containers. If you have spices or seasonings, oxygen absorbers will be helpful in preventing any microbial or mould growth.
- Oxygen absorbers are of particular benefit to the wine industry, where they are used to provide a gas layer that effectively separates oxygen and wine, as well as scavenging oxygen.
You can use our oxygen absorber calculator to calculate your requirements based on the volume of your package and its content weight.
Why trust Protection Experts Australia regarding Oxygen Absorber sachets?
Although we have been operating as Protection Experts Australia since mid-2019, we have over ten years of first-hand experience in the business of cargo moisture protection. We came about as the result of a merger between Absortech Australia, Cargo Care Specialists, and Absorhome. This merger has enabled us to rise to the challenge of providing excellent customer service and an extensive variety of high-quality products to meet the continually changing needs of our customers, as well as our unpredictable environment. We are conscious of our industry’s environmental impact and strive to minimise it with products that are non-hazardous, as well as employing other methods to reduce our carbon footprint.
If you’d like to find out more about any of our products, please feel free to get in touch with us. We look forward to helping you.